Two Mac genealogy programs were recently updated. (Update: MacFamilyTree also offering a discount, at $29.99, 40% off, through October 27.)
The first is Heredis, now called Heredis 2014
, and available through the Mac App Store
at 50% off through November 3, at the price of $29.99 (instead of the normal price of $59.99). The updates for this version are listed as:
EXTENDED FAMILY VIEW.
- This highly innovative feature allows you to take a look at where you are in your research and highlights known or missing items from your genealogy. It suggests different ways forward and proposed various online research tools targeted to websites such as Heredis Online, Ancestry, My Heritage…
- This new and more comprehensive view of your family shows its composition as a whole: siblings, remarriage, stepchildren, step- brothers and step-sisters, children from other unions of the different partners… noting or not when they belong to the direct lineage.
- It presents all the ties that may link two people. Within seconds, this exciting tool analyzes all the connections in your genealogy file to find how two people can be linked, whether they are relatives, or they have common ancestors or they simply have other links (godmother, heir…).
- Trace the movements of a whole family just a few miles away or at the other end of the world on the Migrations map. Pins are numbered to show the sequence of movements and display the list of events recorded in this place.
MANAGEMENT OF BRANCHES.
- Share your discoveries on Heredis Online, the new service for publishing your genealogy data and research on the Internet. You will have a website dedicated to your genealogy, searchable by your family and your friends. Start your research also on Heredis Online directly from your Heredis software over hundred million of people in the online family trees. Get in touch with your cousins!
- Memorize the status of your family branches, with ancestors as well as descendants. You may filter only the branch ends, or only complete persons, or only those persons for whom further research is required. You can hide already complete persons or sort by modification date. New charts show the progress of your research.
- Work on the Descendants View that displays the descendants of the primary person for the number of generations you will determine.
The second application updated is MacFamilyTree
, now at version 7.1. Also available via the Mac App Store
, for $49.99 ($29.99 through October 27). The updates for this version are listed as:
Completely new Web Site Export
Statistics Map (using Apples new Maps, requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks)
- Configureable Themes
- Live preview
- Direct FTP upload (secure connections supported)
- Includes Videos, PDFs and Audio Media
- Improved user interface
- Free upload to our web service MacFamilyTree.com
- See where your ancestors lived the longest or married earliest
- Play slideshows of your ancestors living places across the globe
- Detailed physical or satellite maps
Improved FamilySearch integration
- Add background images for all charts
- Includes 50+ backdrop images
- Import your own images as backdrops
- Revamped FamilySearch user interface
- FamilySearch Discussions added
- FamilySearch change history is now available directly from MacFamilyTree
- >Improved FamilySearch integration in the Interactive Tree
- Mark Persons, Events, Families or Sources as private
- Exclude private information from charts, reports and GEDCOM export
- Refined user interface
- Improved navigation
- Entries count is displayed above each list in the edit mode
- Sections added to family list
- Sections added to places list
- Associated To Do items are now displayed directly for each person, family, event or source.
- Optimized for Mavericks AppNap
- Faster database opening
- Better To Do management including larger To Do browser
- PDFs are included in Person Report
- Improved Interactive Tree including changed coloring for better readability
- Better Date Parsing and Date Reformatting
- Improved GEDCOM Import and Export